SPPCS Athletic Program
Saints Peter and Paul Catholic School is proud to offer a wide variety of athletics to our male and female student athletics. Beginning in Kindergarten, our students can participate in soccer. Once students enter the upper grades, they may also choose to participate in other sports such as baseball, softball, cheerleading, basketball, volleyball, and track. SPPCS Athletics are supported by our athletic director, Mr. John Green, as well as our Athletic Booster Club. Our current Athletic Booster Club President is Bryan Metzger.
The SPPCS Falcons are a member of the Cahokia Conference along with the junior high schools of Waterloo, Red Bud, Millstadt, Columbia, Smithton, Dupo, New Athens, Freeburg, and Valmeyer. We are a member of the SIJHSAA and are in class S.
Diocese of Belleville's Purpose and Philosophy of Catholic School Athletics
Falcon Athletics' Accolades
- SPPCS Track Team sent eighth athletes to the State Track Meet in Salem, Illinois on May 10, 2014. Nicole L. placed first in the 100 meter hurdles and Halle H. placed third in the 200 meter dash.
- Lady Falcons' Volleyball team were crowned the Regional Champions and went to the state tournament. They finished in fourth place, losing to the team who went onto win the state championship - 2014
- SPPCS Basketball went undefeated on the season - no small feat! They won the Cahokia Conference Championship, the Belleville Diocesan Tournament, and the SPPCS Holiday Tournament. Because of the large number of games they have on their schedule, the Falcons were ineligible for the state tournament. - 2012-13
- SPPCS Baseball - State Champions! - 2015 & 2012
- Lady Falcons' Volleyball team were crowned the Regional Champions, and placed 2nd in the Cahokia Conference - 2013
- Lady Falcons' Volleyball team were crowned the Regional Champions, and also won the Cahokia Conference Championship in - 2012
- Lady Falcons' Volleyball team won the Regional Championship and placed 2nd in the State Championship - 2010.